FreeState Gun Range Operational Rules
- All Federal, state, and local firearm laws must be obeyed.
- Shooters MUST case and uncase all firearms at the firing line.
- Shooting from the prone position or kneeling position is prohibited.
- If shooting using a bench rest your target must be at 25 yards.
- Firearms not on the firing line must be unloaded and cased.
- Guns/magazines may only be handled on the range.
- FreeState Range Safety Officers have the right to inspect any firearms or ammunition at any time.
- Shooters must complete and sign the FreeState Gun Range RELEASE, WAIVER, HOLD HARMLESS, INDEMNIFICATION AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT before using the Range.
- Food, beverages and smoking are prohibited on the range.
- No muzzleloading firearms may be fired.
- All calibers of pistols may be fired.
- Rifles up to and including 7.62 x 39 may be fired, but must be equipped with a muzzle brake, flash hider or suppressor.
- Shotgun slugs may be fired. No buckshot or birdshot may be fired.
- Tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, and steel bullets of any kind are strictly prohibited. Shooters caught shooting steel bullets may be banned.
- Firing a shot on the Range that results in the bullet striking anything other than the target and/or backstop, may result in a repair fine of $100 and/or your removal from the range.
- Commands issued by Range Officers and Range Personnel must be immediately obeyed without question.
- If the command “CEASE FIRE” is given: stop shooting immediately, remove your finger from the trigger, remove magazine, clear firearm, place the firearm on the bench. Step back from the shooting booth and wait for further instructions from the RSO.
- No one other than FreeState Gun Range personnel may go forward of the firing line unless authorized or instructed to do so by the Range Safety Officer.
- When the line is declared “COLD,” all firearms must be safely grounded (action open and magazine removed), and all shooters must step away from the firing line. Absolutely no firearm handling, unloaded or otherwise, will occur while the line is “COLD.”
- Shooters may only use FreeState Gun Range approved paper targets, placed at eye level.
- Cross firing of targets is prohibited.
- Only firing by aiming through firearm sights onto a target is permitted.
- Shooters wanting to practice holster draw (strong side belt holsters only) must first be FreeState Holster Draw Certified and notify the RSO. You MUST remove the shooting table from the shooting booth, stay within the shooting booth, and keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot. Only strong side hip holster is permitted.
- You may collect your own brass that is inside your stall and behind the firing line. Brass from other shooters and all brass that falls in front of the firing line may not be collected.
- Always wash your hands and face immediately after shooting and/or cleaning your firearm. Sinks are located in the restrooms.
- Pregnant and nursing women may not enter the range.
- Children accompanied by an adult must be at least 10 years old to enter the range.
FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN A REPRIMAND OR YOUR REMOVAL FROM THE RANGE.