Introduction to Shotguns
Course Name: Introduction to Shotguns
Course Overview: The Introduction to Shotguns course will teach each student the basic knowledge and skills to become familiar with several different types of shotguns, shotgun nomenclature, action types and basic maintenance.
Course Length: 4 hours
- Safety review and shotgun-specific safety issues
- Types of shotguns and shotgun actions
- Shotgun nomenclature
- Gauge sizes and typical uses for each
- Loading and unloading procedures
- Marksmanship fundamentals
- Loading/unloading exercises with snap caps
- Live fire exercises using shotgun slugs
Please note: The button below will take you our course overview page, where you can select your firearm class of choice from the dropdown menu, then register for available dates and times. If you have any questions about registration, please give us a call at 410-335-5100.