"When seconds count, police are only minutes away." This old saying relays the sentiment that In the critical moment of a potentially life-threatening situation like a home invasion, carjacking or public shooting, the odds are good that there won't be a "lifeguard" there to save you.
In an increasingly dangerous world, you're on your own to ensure you and your loved ones have the knowledge and skills to recognize and avoid (if possible) a life-threatening situation, or to survive and prevail.
FreeState will be rolling out a series of courses, starting with this Situational Awareness and Response Training seminar, that teach simple, practical and immediately employable skills to avoid, recognize and respond to potentially deadly situations.
Situational Awareness Topics
- What is situational awareness?
- How do you maintain situational awareness?
- Understanding the color codes of mental awareness
- OODA Loop
- Hard vs. soft targets
- Sheep, Sheepdogs and Wolves
- How the brain and body function under extreme stress
- Effects of adrenaline on mental and physical performance
- Understanding criminal psychology
- How criminals often select their targets
- Pre-threat indicators
- Used of improvised weapons as a "force multiplier"
- Distraction techniques
- Verbal de-escalation opportunities
Please note: The button below will take you our course overview page, where you can select your firearm class of choice from the dropdown menu, then register for available dates and times. If you have any questions about registration, please give us a call at 410-335-5100.